Morakniv Kansbol Stainless Steel Survival Knife
Amazon.com Price: $60.66 (as of 15/08/2022 09:11 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Morakniv is a well-known Swedish-made bushcraft or survival knife. The Kansbol model is different from the traditional Moraknniv Companion in that it has a stainless steel blade rather than a high carbon steel blade.
The spine of the blade on the Kansbol has a 90° edge perfect for scraping flint or a Ferro rod and striking these fire-starting tools to create a good shower of sparks.
The main features of this classic Mora-style survival knife are as follows.
- Robust blade. The steel is 2. 5 mm thick, giving the knife durability and reliability for bushcraft tasks.
- Stainless steel blade. The blade is stainless steel with a semi-matte finish to reduce shine. The steel provides good edge retention, so the knife stays sharper for longer.
- Included survival kit. The survival kit includes a Ferro rod fire starter, a length of reflective paracord that can be used as a lanyard, and an integrated diamond sharpener.
- 90° The 90° spine of the blade has been ground, especially for use with a fire starter.
- Easy to sharpen. The Scandi grind on the knife blade makes it easy to keep the edge sharp.
- Locks into the sheath. The knife handle has a built-in click-lock between sheath and handle, preventing the knife from falling out of the sheath.
- Lanyard hole. Hole in handle for fastening a lanyard or other survival gadgets.
- Ergonomic design. The ergonomic barrel-shaped polymer handle has a soft friction grip and finger guard for safety.
The knife’s blade and handle design make it excellent for operating safely and efficiently in a variety of weather situations during all seasons outdoors.
The polymer knife sheath is symmetrical, which means both left and righthanded people can use it, and it comes with a leather strap made of Swedish vegetable-tanned leather that can be simply fastened to your belt.