Survival Hax Water Filter Straw
The Survival Hax Water Filter Straw is a 7 inch portable water filter straw which is designed to convert dirty or contaminated water into clean drinkable water for camping,travel, and survival.
Water will flow through the bottom of the filter and into the hollow fiber membranes.
From there it travels through the coconut activated carbon and into the mouthpiece – leaving you with BPA Free, chemical free, delicious tasting water.
What is the shelf life of the Water Filter Straw?
Your straw’s expiration date does not start until you open and use it. Once used, the straw should be replaced after 5 years or about 400 gallons of water have passed through it.
One of the perks about this filter is that you don’t have to put your head in the water to use it.
The straw has been modified so that it can connect to any 28mm water bottle.
Now, you can collect dirty water on the go, and connect your straw to it when you’re ready to drink. This is a huge help for children who do not have the strength to suck dirty water through the filter.
Although this compact cleaner straw was meant to purify water, it’s much more advanced than those filters meant for tap water.
The average filter in your home will remove bacteria from to 1 to 5 microns in size. 1 being the smallest.
Our camping water filter is .1 microns in size. That’s 1/10 the pore size of a standard in home filter.
New Design What was changed?
- – 2 inches shorter. We’ve gone from a 9 inch straw to a 7.5 inch design for easier portability.
- – Carabiner has replaced the lanyard for durability and backpackers.
- – Signalling Mirror: A mirror can be found inside the top which can be used for signaling.
- – Tourniquet: Added rubber tubing which can be used as an extension or firSurvival Whistle: Added a removable whistle to the cap for emergencies.
- – Compass: Added emergency navigation for hikers and backpackers.